Thursday, October 22, 2015

Yes to Fall and Yes to Headwraps!

Good morning everyone!

This headscarf is the inspiration behind this outfit I wore recently.  The headscarf was gifted to me by a colleague about five years ago though I first wore it this past summer.



The colors in this pattern make me happy.  Even though I found it perfect for summer, I am also finding it even better for fall with the warm tones of purple, orange and green.

As I am on this fabulously fall kick, here's a look I styled inspired by this headwrap:




The dress is from H&M a few seasons ago, the chunky sweater is from J.Crew, the tights that are dark gray but sometimes look dark green are by Hue, the ankle boots are Frye via Zappos and the suede leopard bag is by J.Crew.



The lighting from thing angle wasn't that great, but I loved the view of these beautiful plants that now decorate the halls.



The colors made me feel all warm and fall-y.



Both of these bangles were gifted to me by my friend ten years ago.  They were both her grandmother's.  <3



Let's take a moment and acknowledge one of my favorite fall lipsticks: magnetism by Sephora.  It is absolutely beautiful!  I don't usually go for metallic-type colors, but I'm glad I tried this one because I loved it upon first wear.

I'm also wearing one of my favorite, simple necklaces from J.Crew Factory.  It features my spirit animal, the giraffe of course!




Oh and I was reading this book, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie, at the time and it was so, so good!  While reading it during my subway commutes, several children commented on how good it was.  

 Until next time!
<3

Today's affirmation: I love myself just the way that I am.  













No comments:

Post a Comment