"There are years that ask questions and years that answer."
I came across this Zora Neale Hurston quote from Their Eyes Were Watching God while looking through Learning Style posts and drafts of 2015. I had started a post, that I never published, on this day of last year with that very quote. I don't recall all of my thinking around why that quote struck me, but I did mention that 2014 was a year of "tremendous growth." As I reflect on 2015, another year of tremendous growth, I no longer think of growth as something that only happens sometimes and some years. From now until the end, I will continue growing into my best self.
A lot of questions were asked in 2015, and some were answered as well. I turned thirty; I embarked on a
self love journey; I finally started my novel (and other writing projects) in a dedicated, structured way; and I began consciously practicing mindfulness in all moments. More on those and related topics to come as I begin transforming Learning Style into the lifestyle blog I've been envisioning. Regardless, 2016 will be is a year of manifestation. I look forward to sharing more of that journey here and of course, loving along the way.
Now, onto a few favorite looks from 2015:
1. Purple everything! No wonder my sister suggested I get purple highlights. More about this look here.
2. An impromptu photo shoot in Central Park an afternoon stroll results in these photos. This look was all about the layers and accessories.
3. A summer look showcasing the way I will continue to wear crop tops in my 30s.
4. The look I started my tenth year of teaching with.
5. This orange and pink look had me flexing my complexion.
6. This look was really all about the socks and pumps.
7. I loved everything about this look, and so did my readers!
8. After these pants sat in my closet for a good two years, I broke them out and enjoyed this impromptu look!
9. This fall was a mild one, so I enjoyed fall fashion like never before!
Happy New Year to all!
Today's affirmation: I am at peace.