Sunday, October 27, 2013

Yellow and Sequins in Fall

Whoops!  I've been super busy with work and graduate school, so here are some photos from earlier this month.

I thoroughly enjoyed the mix of colors and textures.  When I play with colors and neutrals, I like to balance by bringing warm and cold tones into the top and bottom parts of my outfit.  In other words, the gold chain plays off of the brown pumps and the grey tank is balanced by the gray stockings.  The opposite would be, the gray top with brown stockings against the tan skirt and brown pumps.  Not good!

I digress.  This outfit made me happy! 

Express sequins tank, J.Crew skirt and cardigan, Hue tights, Frye pumps


J.Crew bangles, Factory link bracelet, Guess watch


<3

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you! In searching for "Gap plaid pants", I just so happened to stumble across the blog of a fellow middle school educator in her eighth year... how fortuitous!!! Regarding this look, I think that your skirt fits you perfectly, and I feel inspired to wear a little sparkle to school! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I am glad I inspired you to wear sparkle to work:) You will not regret it! Great meeting you, and I look forward to sharing teacher looks.

    ReplyDelete