Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"Miss, Is it Your Birthday?"

What a day! It's always hard coming back to work after a three-day weekend; while teachers need the extra day, having a second Sunday sometimes throws us off as well.  As I write this, I am multi-tasking:  juggling some of the tasks I left until the last minute, thinking I'd have time to complete them on Monday, but never did. I'm scanning three chapters of a grad school book (book shares are awesome!), watching the clock until I have to return to the laundromat to pick up my dry clothes, and writing this post. Earlier, I was scanning (slow scanner) as I waited on my clothes in the washer and reviewed tomorrow's lesson. Sigh. So much to do!  After this, I will do some homework and eventually pick up and fold my clothes. After about four weeks of not doing major laundry, and having to dig into the depths of my closet, it feels nice to have many options again.

On a brighter note, students kept asking me if it's my birthday today. I thought I dress like this everyday, but perhaps it's the curly locs (pipe cleaners on wet hair over night!) or the dangly earrings. I actually have a large earring collection, as well as many bangles and rings, but lately I've been wearing studs and the same few bracelets. Digging into the depths of my closet inspired me to change things up. 

Here I am in a new purchase. I love a good sweatshirt dress. This one, from the Gap, has structure and a versatile gray color.  Paired with burgandy J.Crew tights and my Swedish hasbeens, I guess I looked like I was dressed for a party. 


This dress has zipper-detailing in the back and pleats. 


Assorted bracelets: spiked bracelet from H&M, silver bangles from Kenyan market, ring from Forever 21.  


Other ring from from H&M. I enjoyed delving into my jewelry collection and will challenge myself to wear interesting earrings and bangles and rings this week. After all, everyday is my birthday! 


On that note, time for the rest of my night. Happy Tuesday to all!

Love,
Miss M



No comments:

Post a Comment