Saturday, February 2, 2013

Teaching Saturday School

I am working Saturday school for the first time in my teaching career.

What I wore: mint colored, v-neck sweater by J.Crew, dark skinny jeans from Levi's, hot pink Swedish Hasbeens, gold watch, no makeup.

I like that Saturday Academy at my school is no nonsense. My students saw a different side of me today. I don't get up early and return to the school building on the sixth seventh day of the week for games. Absolutely not. While I don't tolerate off-task behavior during the week, I know then that the days are long and there is a lot to accomplish. Therefore, I do have more patience for typical sixth grade antics. On Saturday, I know that it's the weekend and I'm not at the park with my pup nor am I sleeping in. Most kids got it, and were on task though not happy about coming to school on a Saturday. But nine to noon is not bad at all.

Time for homework. Graduate school the second time around started this week.

Love,
Miss M

No comments:

Post a Comment