Monday, October 6, 2014

Finally, a Leather Backpack!

Happy Monday to all!

What a productive morning.  After an fun, eventual, and somewhat sleep-deprived weekend, I decided to go to bed early so that I can wake up an hour earlier today to tackle some things on my graduate school/internship list.  And I did!  I continue to learn to manage "the list" while celebrating small accomplishments and balancing a stress-free (hey, I'm claiming it!) life.  That, and I'm going through yet another transition.  Perhaps I'll talk about that another time.

Here's an outfit I wore recently:  


The main focus of this outfit for me is my new leather backpack from Madewell that I love love!  It
took me a while to decided to purchase it, after having my eye on it for a long time, but I decided to take the plunge and am very happy I did.  The only thing I regret is not getting it monogrammed.  I think that small, personalized touch would add so much to this already dynamic backpack.


I'm wearing my faux leather dress from Express as a Jumper, with my Gap denim shirt underneath, black tights, light pink suede flats from J.Crew.  My blazer is the one I've been living in lately, from Target, and my neon-accented necklace is from H&M.


I've had conversations with some of my teacher-friends about this, but I am truly practicing being myself at work!  I've always worked in diverse schools with diverse teaching staff, but my current school is not that.  So while I have discovered some like-minds and am making connections, I am also checking in with myself and making sure that I'm still doing me, even if that makes others uncomfortable or take notice in new ways.


Back to the backpack.  Here's a link to the Madewell site. Educators and students, make sure to get your discount!



Lastly, I love to play around with and mix different textures.  Here I have faux leather, denim and tweed!



And another backpack shot:)

Until next time,
Have a great week!
<3
M

2 comments: