Monday, December 14, 2015

The Birds: A Sweatshirt Skirt at Work

Happy Monday!

I know I haven't updated in a week-- my bad!-- I was out of balance after a weekend away and another weekend of fun, but now I'm back on track.  On Friday, a colleague gave me a book that I really needed to read.  It's called The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing.  I had no idea that I needed to read it until typing this up now, but basically by Saturday afternoon I had sorted through my wardrobe, getting rid of three and a half medium-sized garbage bags.  And by Sunday early evening, I had sorted through my kitchen stuff, getting rid of two garbage bags or junk and one large shopping bag of donate-able kitchenware.  I'm feeling lighter and more joyous already.

As for this outfit post, many of you know that I love a cropped sweatshirt and live for a good sweatshirt dress; however, I also enjoy this sweatshirt pencil skirt for a chill, work-appropriate outfit.

Here's what I wore to work recently:




Quilted sweatshirt from the Gap, plaid button down flannel from Old Navy, birds skirt from H&M, Matisse leather boots, Madewell leather backpack





I love mixing textures and patterns.  So much fun, and so many points of interest in such outfits.  This leopard covered bracelet is one of my current favorites.  I've had it for years, but it's just recently that it's become a go-to. 



On that note, here's to being yourself and trying new things daily.

<3
M

Today's affirmation: I AM giving and receiving all that is good and all that I desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment