Friday, August 29, 2014

Back-to-School Lookbook

The summer is just about over, so as I work towards acceptance (more about that later), I am doing some back-to-school shopping.  Similar to the little girl that I was, I still enjoy picking out my first day outfit (and outfits in general), and getting some fresh office supplies.  

Here are three looks I styled for Kassie's Closet.  The best part of doing online styling is simultaneously shopping as I do so.



This first look is my version of a  classic teacherly look.  Primary colors done in a way that just make me happy.  The sweater, pencil skirt, and houndstooth pumps are from J.Crew Factory.  I have a version of the sweater, ordered my second long pencil skirt in double serge wool from Factory earlier this week, and I also ordered the pumps.  Very excited to add to my houndstooth collection.  I've had my eye on this Madewell leather backpack for some time now, and I finally decided to treat myself to one.  


This second look is definitely a funky teacher look.  The cords and sweater are from Nordstrom and the denim shirt is Gap.  These shoes are from Barney's and they are definitely on my wish list.  Silver mid-top Nike blazers? Yes, please.  This is the perfect outfit for when I want to feel like my fun, funky self at work.



This look appears simple at first but actually has an edge with this leather front dress from J.Crew Factory.  Paired with burgundy tights and a low heel, it is perfect for work without much effort.

On that note, happy shopping whether online or in your closet!

Love,
Miss M

No comments:

Post a Comment