Thursday, July 17, 2014

trip to the MET

It is two weeks in and I am well into my summer routine.  In addition to the usual exercise, hanging out with friends/family and solidifying travel plans, I also read for pleasure and practice my Spanish daily. 

Here is a simple outfit I wore on a trip to the Metropolitan Museum:

J.Crew tee with sheer bottom panel and sheer back; American Apparel easy jean in light, brown lace up sandals; assorted neon arm candy from J.Crew Factory (links here and here); and go-to Louis Vuitton bag.
Next to the Natural History Museum, the MET is my favorite museum. Perfect place for a date, to take visitors as well as students. While there, I caught an awesome exhibit, Charles James: Beyond Fashion

O and I inside the exhibit.
This quote really spoke to me: "We who have been ahead in STYLE have usually been also ahead in our thinking." Yes!


My favorite dress in the exhibit.  Very detailed.  Not pictured, but there were these videos further detailing the skeletal make up of each dress.  Extremely intricate.  Some of these dresses were worn, but I imagine not all of them wearable.

I finally made it to the MET's rooftop. Spatacular views, but overpriced drinks and little seating.


I snapped this shot of O, my love and often photographer, from inside the current art installment.  He was trying to take my photo, but it wasn't as clear from one side.  Pretty neat. (read about it here.)



Of course we stopped by one of our favorite places to eat for fuel, Shake Shake.  And it hit the spot as it does each and every time.

Happy Summer!
<3
M

No comments:

Post a Comment